For the purposes of this Statement, “Personal Information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-Identifiable Information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
How RGC collects personal information
RGC collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through the contact form on our website. The personal information collected consists of the person’s name, telephone number and email.
Use of personal information by RGC
RGC uses the personal information that it collects for the following:
- (a) To communicate with individuals;
- (b) To understand individual needs;
- (c) To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by RGC;
- (d) To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of RGC’s ongoing service with its customers; and
- (e) To conduct, process and complete transactions with RGC’s customers.
The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. RGC may, from time to time, contact individuals by email or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information by RGC
RGC does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. RGC will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- (a) When RGC has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances, specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- (b) When RGC, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- (c) To affiliated and associated companies within RGC and only for the purposes as described herein. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein;
- (d) To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein; and
- (e) In the event of the sale of RGC, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Retention of personal information by RGC
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
RGC collects and uses non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows RGC to improve the quality of visits to websites by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
Websites operated by third parties
Websites operated by RGC may contain links to other websites that may collect personal information. This Policy does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and RGC does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision about whether or not to visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
RGC has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of RGC. Any information transmitted via the internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. RGC does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the internet. RGC employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by RGC other than in accordance with this Policy.
Accessing personal information
Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by RGC. RGC believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help RGC keep personal information as current as possible, RGC encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by RGC as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please email [email protected]
How to file a complaint
To file a complaint with RGC concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please email [email protected] All complaints will be investigated by RGC as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials
Effective date of statement
This Statement has been adopted by RGC as of August 2019. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on rinomatogroup.com as soon as practical.
RGC attempts to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current, but cannot guarantee that all information presented here is accurate, free of errors and up-to-date. As such, RGC urges you to use this website for informational and illustrational purposes only. E.&O.E.